Friday, September 10, 2010

This is my first blog

Hello.  I am a Native American woman from an Ojibwa Tribe in Michigan.  I recently started a new leg of my journey by driving the Alcan Highway to accept a new challenge.  I will be flying by bush planes weekly into two villages to bring therapy, healing to these villages.  Thus far, my friends and family have followed my drive and beginnings in Alaska and have asked me to write more.  Perhaps this forum makes more sense over the mass emails I have been sending.  It seems there is interest in this adventure. 
The name seven directions comes from our tribal ways of acknowledging East, South, West, North, Above, Below and Within as the seven directions.  We believe that every decision we make impacts the next seven generations. 
Let me start by saying that I mean no disrespect or insults to anyone reading this blog.  I am only sharing my teachings, thoughts and interesting things that I hear.  That is all and my hope is that we are brought closer together, if only a little by what we share here.
Bomapee, see you later,
Akki

No comments:

Post a Comment