Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Perks On The Job




I was visiting some folks at their house in the village today and this little one came over, stood on my feet and gave the pick me up look.  He alternated between this look and putting his little arms up.  He's only 13 months old and weighs in at 34 pounds.  I gave in, actually, rather quickly.


What a perk.
The weather, not so much of a perk.  It has gotten very cold and I feel as though I step off the bush plane into exclaim out loud about it cold.  I feel as though I am only wearing a t-shirt.  I have lots of layers on.  Tonight, I was whining hard when I had to scrape the car windows in 14 degree weather, load travel stuff in the car, sit on my frozen fingers, drive home and unload all of it. 
I was graciously given lots of meat to send to Michigan tribal folk and groaned about lugging and unloading that as well.  I am not prone to complaining about the cold, today, however, I was just not feeling the love for it.
People asked if I had enjoyed my vacation and then told me I still looked tired.  It only took two days back on the village travel schedule for me to look haggard.  This might be the post where I admit to aging or something.  Somebody stop me!
So, allow me please, to focus on this beautiful baby, the youngsters who hugged on me at the school and the multiple hugs and welcome back greetings I heard today.  Now, I'm going to turn up the heat, get under a blanket and watch something fun, like a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment