Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Week

Happy Holidays from Alaska

What a week this has been.  I took my first flights out to the villages after being in the lower 48 and then in Anchorage for days.  Cold is sitting in a bush plane, on the run way, while they load cargo with the doors wide open.  Cold is getting up in the air with little to no heat.  Cold is finger pain that demands my full attention.
Nice, today, the sun was shining.  I actually dusted the interior of my car while not wearing gloves.  It was a balmy 20 degrees here today.  Now, I opted out of the walk out on the spit where the wave revealed the true force of the winds.  Yes, I noticed this, turned my car around, headed home for my electric blanket and there you have it. 
I am going to exercise tonight, for real. 
I have no plans for this Christmas weekend.  I have lots to do and have several files around me from work.  I know that next week is packed with fun.  I'm supposed to go with friends to Anchorage for the Indigo Girl's concert.  I don't think I'm going to but it sure is nice to know there's so much to do out there.
As of today, my car has new belts, an oil change and the antifreeze is now weathered down to 30 below.  It was only prepared down to 15 degrees.  I think that's about the extent of the weather predictions in Salem where they prepared my car for the trip.
I'm off to climb back in that blanket.  I'm freezing still tonight.  Tomorrow, the steam room at the gym.  Tonight, the electric blanket. 
Happy Holidays to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment