Sunday, December 26, 2010

Amazing Winter Scenes

Tonight at Bishop's Beach

Last night's sunset at Bishop's Beach
Winter flight into Homer

I am amazed at the beauty here and the color variations.  There is no way to describe some of the sunsets and sunrises.  At times, my camera comes close to capturing the true colors, however, usually photographs are muted compared to the real thing. 

Beautiful also, are the fantastic friendships I am developing here.  Just like everywhere I go, I end up meeting friends who will be life long buddies.  I love the times at the beach and today my friend Michelle and I rode out an adventure.  We went to the end of the road, east of here, where it is actually called the end of the road because the road ends there.  We wound through mountain roads, scary and exciting because Michelle's truck is rear wheel drive.  We slid, she pulled out the skids and maintained excellent control of her vehicle.  This was not an easy task on huge inclines/declines, no AWD or 4WD.  I was amazed. 

I snapped photos, enjoyed the excitement and had great talks.  We ended up back on Bishop's Beach for our walk, freezing walk.  The waves sounded wonderful touching the shore, the sky was beautiful and the air was crisp and encouraging us to move. 

I love the outdoors, the lack of traffic and the knowing that simple pleasures:  spending time with friends, exploring, trying a great cup of coffee are what make up a great day.  String enough of those days together and one has a great life.

No comments:

Post a Comment