Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

I love this coffee cup.  Please allow me to tell the story of how I came to love this cup.  Once upon a time there were very unhappy people who could not stand two sisters loving each other.  They huffed and they puffed and they worked hard to put distance between these two sisters.

Each sister embarked on her own journey, overcoming obtacles to self love and acceptance.   Each sister huffed and puffed and blew away the lies, the stories and breathed in her own truth.

Though separated for a time, these two sisters found each other this past summer and instead of taking each journey alone, they started to share what was in their hearts.  They were grateful for the people who had taken them in, loved on them and showed them kindness in the world.  They were grateful to the families who had opened their doors, showed them their hearts and who gently blew on the sparks of life, in each sister, until the warm glow of their souls shone through their eyes.

Together, these two sisters, live the Chinese Proverb: When sleeping women wake, mountains move.  Oh, yes, we are wide awake and taking it all in and giving it all back.  We are a force.  We speak from the truth in our hearts to each other; we give the nurturing to each other that comes from knowing what we have been through.  And, today, I opened the package with this cup, from my sister, while she watched me do so on Skype.  I am drinking my coffee from this cup as I write.  I am looking at its matching candle, the felt tree she sent, her card and the Christmas stocking hanging on my wall. 

Plus, added to my sister's presents/presence here, the scarf that Barbe knit for me, the Harry and David caramel corn mix, the merino wool/silk socks and more that came in the box from Pat and Barbe.  The phone call to my chosen mom this morning with the voice of my chosen dad in the background, completed by the chiming in voices of Bailey and James.  James sounded like a young man.  My mom sent me blank Christmas cards to fill out for people.  Actually, thanks mom, that saved me.  She gave me another gift as well.  And anything she does for me today, is under the umbrella of all the love this family has given me.  They have always stood by my side. 

I called an ex-partner who told me that I was one of the people who stopped, took the time to notice and really know.  I heard the gratitude expressed for being a person that cares and knows.  I read through a great letter from another ex thanking me for all I added.  I talked to Pat and Barbe and prayed together for a loved one facing a tough task.  I see a Merry Christmas wish on Facebook from Marianne. 

Now, I need to go let a friend's dog out for relief, take some things to the office and go for a walk.  What started out as a Christmas, alone, in Alaska, turned out to be a day full of phone calls, gifts, skyping and well wishes.  All glory back to the Creator

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Really you and your sister are talking again? Yay for you! I know you've missed her. *hug*

    ReplyDelete