Monday, January 3, 2011

Wind is still blowing here

Big winds.  Eagles flying sideways winds.  Sleet, hail, rain, whipping winds.  I was warned that January and February were windy times up here, but geesh.  We're talking soaking wet clothes with water-carrying winds. 

Mittens, off and ready for the dryer.  Rain gear hanging to dry out hopefully before tomorrow.  Serious packing underway to head into the villages.  Planes grounded and some flying in tipping from wing to wing.
Welcome to Alaska. 

I believe I have met myself here in terms of facing the final frontier, as Alaska is called, and seeing what I'm made of.  I have been judged by some of the most accomplished at judging human beings out there and none of that matters compared to facing myself and knowing.  This majestic State will do that for a person.  I have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone anymore.  Least of all, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment