Friday, January 14, 2011

Love


The writing of my last post allowed me to pour out my sadness at hatred, punishment, silence and judgment between human beings.  I have had so many people in my life for a million years, exaggeration, smile, that have known me through tough times and happy times.  I have held the hands of many people through both their tough times and sunny times.

My college buddy and friend, sister of over 30 years was drawn to me when she showed me that she had made the dean's list and according to her I exclaimed, "Good for you."  She said it was so hard to find people who are genuinely happy for someone else's success without lamenting for themselves.  I just knew that at that moment I was really happy for her.  I believe it was kind of her to point out my support and enthusiasm.  I became aware at that moment of the profound impact of the lack of selfishness.

I have loved so deeply in my life that I have had to turn my head, avert my eyes from another human being's pain.  I have loved so hard that I have held eye contact during deep times of pain.  I have been forgiven many times, thank God for grace, and I have forgiven many times.  This all adds up to a knowing about community.  I am working hard to return to my loved ones all that they have given me.

I make mistakes and instead of being chastised, humiliated or denegrated, my friends smile and point out that everyone makes mistakes.  I remember each time this has been done for me which allows me to listen graciously and gracefully to my loved ones when they talk about their own mistakes. 

I live in Alaska, am a spirit healer and am being more supported in my life than I ever imagined possible.  I have so many people that I can't wait to talk to and who can't wait to talk to me.  So, the other side of writing about my sadness regarding hatred, is to write about my joy at loving and being loved so profoundly.

There are some very sick, angry people out there and those people are not happy unless they try to bring us down to their level of misery.  I like where I'm sitting and encourage all of us to ignore heartily the opinions of the those who are seeking company for their misery.  There are way too many of us out here who truly want the best for people.

Thank you for being my rock, my water, my love, my air, my wind, my voice when I am tired, my spirit walker when I need it, my friend, companion, my voice of reason and truth, my support, my eyes when I do not see clearly, my ears when I am not listening, my heart mirror, my idea buddy, my soul trip companion, my navigator, my faith lived, manifested and real.  Thank you, all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment