Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nothing Much Today

I was sitting on the couch looking out over the bay. A bird, large white/gray bird, not a seagull, was starting to fly into sight. A gust of wind came up and the bird was flapping really hard to maintain but instead started to glide backwards. The flapping effort intensified and then the bird started once again toward a forward motion.

A reminder that though huge wind gusts hit us if we flap real hard we'll make forward progress. Probably for human beings that does not mean flap our lips or jaws.

I had this vision of spinning my wheels really hard, throwing up mud and not gaining traction. All wheel drive helps, the right tires help, boards, kitty litter, sand, carpet pieces, logs, big people pushing, a moose putting his/her shoulder to the rear of the car to push, all help.

The point, I didn't see any other birds coming up from behind to give that bird a shove. I didn't see anything but the power of that bird that gave it traction, helped it gain momentum. That's where we humans are different. Sometimes, the only way to get started back up is with a push.

I think we have all felt the kick of someone's boot when we've been down and hopefully we've all felt the love of someone who helps us get started again when our engine has stalled. I place my bet on the one who lends a hand actually going the distance. Thank you M & J in Michigan. You know who you are. EH in Michigan. P & B in Oregon. JLA in Oregon. MB in Michigan. CBQ in Michigan. VLB in Michigan. J & M in Canada. BH in Oregon. S & N in Oregon.

That bird today made me think of all the times I've reached out my hand, placed it in each of yours and had you pull me back to my feet. Blessings. And please know, I'll put a shoulder to your rear, I mean a shoulder to the rear of your stalled car, I mean I'll take your hand and pull you up anytime you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment