Sunday, October 10, 2010

Couch, Bay, Mountains and Ann Wilson

Hello.  I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.  I hear that Michigan is boasting an Indian Summer Day shining in at 78 degrees.  Nice.
The weather was nice here in Alaska today, too.  I, however, was building more of a relationship with the couch.  The place from where I enjoy the view of the mountains, the bay and the spit.  The couch, where Heart plays next to me through Bose speakers, making Ann Wilson's voice even more powerful.  I believe I am forming a relationship with this couch and the view.
I have had partners complain that they could not get me to sit down.  As soon as my bottom touched the chair, it was as though springs reacted and I stood.  It seemed I always had so much to do.  Well, that's changed.  And I blame it on the view and this couch.
Tomorrow, I will go exploring, try for some camera angles and look for water taxi trips I want to take in the spring.  Tomorrow, I visit the Bay Club to sit in the salt water pool and steam room, of course, after I work out.  Tomorrow, I plan and pack for the next week of village hopping.  Monday and Tuesday in Port Graham and Thursday and Friday in Nanwalek.  I have had an offer to be introduced to more people this next week; part of my efforts to form a social group here.
I called my friends today, checked in with folks, listened to music, checked out the view and believe finished healing after a tough week.
Look for more photos as I find you more Alaska beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment