Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What a Great Day

I met a coworker when I first arrived in Anchorage who has since left our organization.  The great thing is this:  she moved here to accept a different position.  She is funny, fun and trustworthy.  People loved working with her and it is so my gain that she moved here.  We met today at my cabin for conversation, the first fire in the woodstove, lots of laughter, my cooking (she liked it) and a great, rousing game of Scrabble.  Funny thing is she had firewood in her truck.  She said she's always prepared for a bonfire.  She is hoping to find a man to date here and has wanted to live here for years.  I am so glad she is here.  We are making plans for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and I feel good about that. 

I started my morning taking photographs of breathtaking views from my front steps.  I placed many photos on this blog and on Facebook.  I went through old photos and found pictures of times where I was so happy.  I'm thinking of duplicating haircuts from those times.  I am encouraged that I can get back in shape from foot surgery.  I know that I really did love being outdoors pushing that snow around with my new shovel.  I didn't even wear a coat.  I think my Michigan blood is returning.  I got kind of soft in Oregon.

Then, I was chatting with a new person in Anchorage via a site and we discovered that we both come from Michigan, have the same degrees, are the same age and are both Virgos.  We laughed throughout the conversation at all of the similarities.  She's interested in visiting Homer and thinks my cabin sounds grand.  Two Virgos can be very neat in the same place:)  I hope that she and perhaps her friends feel comfortable coming down from Anchorage to enjoy this great cabin.  I am enjoying building a social network in Alaska.  It's good to do so before winter sets in. 

My guest today kept telling me these things:  This is such a great potluck house.  This is such a great place to play games.  This is such a great place to have friends in for the weekend.  Your family needs to visit to see this place while you live here. 
I couldn't agree more.

Okay, here's a few haircut options.  Votes please.
 I saw this picture of a model in a magazine.  Do you like her haircut?

I like this model too.  She's hugging a childhood tree friend.  What about her hair?
These were the best pictures I could come up with.  I am also working on gaining her athletic build as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment