Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mountain Majesty

Sunset last night at Bishop's Beach

I was sitting in meditation this morning, sage burning, soft music playing and felt this pull to open my eyes, to look out.  There, in front of me, this majestic mountain range held up the clouds, punctuated by spots where the peaks poked through.  My eyes held and soaked in the peaceful blue of the sky and I watched as eagles, seagulls and ravens flew by.  The world, everyone else's world was happening as I was trying to slow my down to focus on the Creator.  I opened my eyes to Creation.  Eyes closed:  Creator.  Eyes open:  Creation.  There is no separation only degree of foucs and intention. 
Human beings often cannot realize the proximity of their own heart to their spine, their knee to their foot, their hip to their shoulder.  Referred pain or traveling pain, like the shoulder is hurt and the pain travels down to the hand, seems foreign to us due to the perceived distance.  And yet, all is connected.  For example, if we hurt a foot, it throws off our back to walk and thus our neck.  Not much distance between that foot and that neck, just perceived distance.
Not much distance between spirit world and this physical constructed reality either.  One person described thin air as spaces where spirit can really be felt.  Some call them the vortices, such as those found in Sedona,  AZ.  I propose that it is all thin air, that there really is not distance at all between the Creator and Creation.  I am part of Creation, you are part of Creation, therefore, we are part of the Creator.  I wonder if that mountain range looks back at me and purports such a thought as this, "Look at her standing on that bluff, the blue sky around her, her beautiful green eyes and listen to her sing as she fills the air with song."  I wonder if that mountain would like to get together with me sometime, have me climb about on her and sit on her.  Two friends, part of the Creator and Creation. 
I am one.  I am two.  I am all things, everything if I accept being fully connected to all.  I do my part and what about this ability, if part of all, to draw on all for wisdom, healing, teaching and knowing?  Think about it, if you will, we have access to all historical records in the sound of the whale, hundreds of years of history recorded in the rings system of a tree, century old rocks that have seen it all, other humans who have specialized in something and access to the Great Spirit, Gitchii Manitou.  Confusion and suffering is optional.  Eyes wide open, heart wide open, curiosity pedal pressed to the floor, wondering alive and moments to ponder plenty...I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment