Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Priorities

Of late, I find I'm asked to examine my priorities.  You see, I've reached the stage in life where I'm all about maintaining the success I have achieved.  That's the theory anyway of career maturation.  I find, however, that I have entered into a relationship that turns my head to stare at the view.  This past Sunday, while at church, I had a great time seeing my friends.  We greeted, hugged, welcomed, fussed over and enjoyed a great deal of connecting.

We looked at a house and wondered at living back where I moved from before I landed in Alaska.  I visited with friends at their houses and cheered on the end of the Superbowl.  People asked if I would have more time to see them and I had to put forth the effort necessary to prepare for my exam.

I met with the foot surgeon today to receive a prescriptions for 12 weeks of physical therapy, the word "fragile" as it now relates to my other foot and some more limitations.

I studied hard today, filed for my passport, changed my address and prepared a few steps closer to my goals.  We worked together, played Guitar Hero, loaded my iPod, given as a gift and spent time talking about plans, goals and needs.

Potential is in the future.  Whatever I am doing right now makes up my priorities.  We're doing our priorities.  I'm asking questions regarding my potential, my limitations and measuring the length of my wing span.  I am prepared for take off.  Navigation nearly at the ready.  Direction still not locked and loaded.  Desire, plenty.  Flying doesn't really require the use of my feet.  Thinking this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment