Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Domestic Partners

There is this thing in Oregon called a Domestic Partnership.  First, let me tell you, the form is excruciating, the process enduring, the frustraions, huge.  Moving mountains to please the State, priceless.  I went to Alaska prepared to face a life of service, something akin to those vows made by nuns.  I could work, play with friends and cavort in the snow, all single, all in the service of the Lord.  I had a calling, a calling to serve.

I sat in the cabin, when not serving, and thought about my life.  Seems the events of the past four years wound around time like a coil.  I had no idea what might happen if I let just a little tension off that coil.  So, I took a risk.  I was perusing a site and saw this woman that made me stop, ponder and write.  I thought, seriously, I did think, "This woman won't write back to me, I'm in Alaska and she's in Oregon."  Those of you who know me know that I challenged those odds.  So now the story is no longer about me.  The story is now about We, Akki and Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment